Thermosafe® Type "B" is an intrinsically safe 120V heater designed for 55 Gallon (205 liter) drums or smaller steel vessels. Copper coils housed inside a heavy-duty fiberglass shell create an "Eddy Current" effect that heats the drum by magnetizing the drum surface. Thermosafe® induction drum heaters never make contact with the drum surface, are open on top and bottom, and may be lifted over the drum.
The coil is connected to a single phase AC main supply and generates heat directly and uniformly in the drum wall. Energy transfer is by alternating the magnetic field (induction heating) with no radiant elements and no moving parts... thus, no maintenance.
As there are no hot elements, the heater remains substantially cooler than the drum being heated.
Type "B" Thermosafe is for operation with up to 120 volts AC (Type "A" is for operation at 240 volts AC. See Part# THERM55A)
Thermosafe Induction Heater - INTRINSICALLY SAFE
Type B (120V)
- Fast and efficient heating of drums up to 55 gallon
- Smaller and lighter than Thermosafe Type A
- 120V operation
- Two heaters can be stacked to heat full heigt of drum
- ETL/UL/CSA Class 1 and Zone 1 & 2 Hazardous Area Certified (including ATEX & IECEx)
- Explosion-Proof / Intrinsically Safe
Heating times depend on the contents. A single Type B heater can heat the lower section of a 55 gallon (200L) steel drum to around 110C.
- Fast melting of solids and heating of liquids
- Allows mixing and dispensing while heating
- Easy to clean, corrosion proof and maintenance free
- For 55 gallon or smaller steel container
- Volts: 120
- Watts: 1500
- Safe for use in explosive areas
Click on the PDF Button for additional THERMOSAFE certification information.
Shipping Fed-Ex Priority Worldwide from the UK office - Shipping charges will apply on this item. Call for details.