You have no items in your shopping cart.
BTX1-N-A – Bi-metal Explosion-Proof Thermostat.
(North American approvals – cCSAus)
For heating or cooling applications.
For hazardous-location air temperature control rely on the Hazloc Heaters™ BTX1 ExCaliber™ series of bi-metal explosion-proof thermostats for the most dependable, accurate, robust and trouble-free service available.
Features & benefits include:
- Bolted, removable cover provides instant access for installation and servicing.
- Dial locking screw prevents unwanted adjustments.
- Phenolic thermal-break standoffs between knob & base prevents heat creep.
- IP66/Type 4 ratings for moisture/dust protection.
- Aluminum housing with no exposed copper or brass provides suitability for H2S environments.
- CFC & mercury free, no leveling required.
- Fast-acting, accurate, bi-metal sensing plate is unaffected by altitude.
- Two (3/4″ NPT) openings for easy field wiring (includes one 3/4″ plug).
- Field wiring from either vertical or horizontal orientation for flexibility of install.
- Can be used to directly control small HP motors and resistive loads.
- Third party impact tested for ensured durability.
The BTX1 is available as a built-in option on all sizes of Hazloc Heaters™ XEU1 explosion-proof electric air heaters. Field retrofit kits are available to convert XEU1 heaters (heater model code ending in suffix “B”) with a BTX1 built-in thermostat into a heater with a wall mount thermostat configuration.